under-eye creams is a billion dollar industry. there are special creams popping all over the place to prevent any appearance of “crow’s feet”. well, the crows don’t land there overnight, it’s a slow process, the results of which only manifests if we have been ignoring them far too long.
the area around the eyes is extremely sensitive and therefore starts showing the first signs of aging or premature aging very soon. so can these lines be avoided if proper care if taken early on? prevention is definitely better than cute. once these lines set in, its very difficult to get rid of them completely.
following ideas can help you delay the onset of these fine lines towards your later years.
- wear sunglasses when out in the sun or glare. sunglasses not only prevent damage from uv/ub rays, they also prevent frequent squinting which keeps the lines away longer.
- always use a good sunscreen of spf 40
- gentle and soothing massage is very important to relax the tension around the eyes and avoid formation of lines. if you work on the computer or read for long period, this is a must. use our lavender eye pillows to provide your eyes with much needed relaxation with a gentle pressure and aromatherapy. they can also be cooled in the fridge before applying on your eyes and come in great designs 🙂
- get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every day.
- once in a while pamper yourself! if time does not permit you to go to a spa, convert your bath time into a “me” time! invest in some good natural candles, bath salts, put in a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the water and make sure you are transported into heaven with our bath neck pillow which will avoid you keeping your head at an awkward angle.
- reduce stress by regular meditation. stress causes appearance of dark circles, tired eyes and fine lines around them. we have a great range of meditation books, japamalas and meditation accessoriesthat can help you in meditation right at your home.
- drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated
- exercise regularly, whether it is a light run, or weights or yoga, exercise releases feel good chemicals in our bodies, reduces stress and as a bonus makes us loose excess kilos 🙂
- eat healthy and well. this is no rocket science, what you sow is what you reap. if you feed your body junk, fried, processed, excessive meat, the signs will start showing very fast. eat a well balanced meal and see your skin glow. check our blog for a range of delicious healthy vegetarian and vegan recipes that feed your soul!
most of the things we mentioned here are very easy to incorporate in our daily lives. start small by including 1 good habit per week and before you know you will be saying good bye to those fine premature lines!