products or services bought from this website are used at your own risk. the purchaser/user indemnifies and holds the provider harmless against any loss, injury or damages which may be sustained as a result of using the products sold on the website. we encourage you to read the detail descriptions and instructions on how to use various products available on the website before you use the product. sports are a great addition to your routine for your physical well being, but should only be practiced after consultation with your physician, under a qualified instructor and strictly in line with the safety guidelines. most importantly, always listen to your body!
information we collect
we may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, transaction information, and birth month and year) when you:
- make a purchase with us.
- save your information with us online.
- register to receive to our emails, articles or catalogs.
- participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or survey.
- are referred to us through a marketing promotion.
- visit our website (see the section cookies below).
we may use your personal information to:
- process, track and fulfill your order.
- contact you about the status of your order.
- inform you of and administer promotions, contests or sweepstakes.
- learn about your shopping preferences and improve your shopping experience.
- help us address problems with and improve our website and merchandise.
- analyze trends.
- protect the security and integrity of our website.
- contact you for other business reasons, if necessary.
you always have the right to “opt out” of receiving communications from us. please see the section making communication choices below.
information we share
we may share your personal information in the following ways:
- we contract with other companies to provide certain services, such as shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. we provide these companies with only that information needed in order for them to render the services we request and they are not entitled to use it for their own marketing or any other purpose.
- from time to time, we work on reports to analyze trends and user shopping behaviors. these reports and consolidated statistics will be used in articles, to share in industry forums and the like. please note under no circumstances will we make your personal and individual details available through these reports.
- on rare occasion, we may disclose information upon law enforcement’s request, in response to a court order, or when required by law. we may also share information to assist in fraud investigation and protection or as necessary to protect our rights and interests.
- we may share information provided with other brands owned by the parent company green anteater trading cc.
- in the event of a sale or merger of green anteater trading or any of its brands, information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
limitation of liability
- we will not be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the customer’s electronic device (personal computer or other electronic device used to browse the website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that they may inadvertently have installed on their device
you may visit the website without providing any personal information. the website servers will in such instances collect the ip address of the user computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. this information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. we use this information to determine use of the website, and to improve content thereon. we assume no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
we use a variety of technologies and processes for protection of our customer data.
we will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. if you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your personal information. email is not a secure means of communication. never include in an email your credit card number or other sensitive information. this information will only be requested while registering as a customer on our website or while making payment towards a transaction through payfast – our payment gateway.
we will not be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the customer’s electronic device (personal computer or other electronic device used to browse the website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that they may inadvertently have installed on their device
similarly, our bank details are shared with you, if you choose to do a eft or direct deposit, in utmost good faith and you will be held responsible for any losses incurring to us due to this information being misused, mis-represented or shared in the event of intentional or negligent handling of the same by you.
making communication choices
if you do not wish to be contacted via email, direct mail or telephone, please let us know your preferences by contacting us (please follow the contact details link below). please provide your exact name, mailing address, email and/or telephone number so that we may identify you correctly. you may also unsubscribe from our email using the link provided in each email. if you ask us to remove you from promotional lists, we will maintain your name on a “do not contact” list to ensure that we continue to honor your requests. due to privacy concerns and our inability to verify individual requests and contact information, we are unable to honor “opt out” requests made by a third party on your behalf. it may take up to 10 days to process your email request and, due to the fact that mailings are planned long in advance, 6 to 8 weeks to process your postal mail request. when you purchase online, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status via email and, if questions arise concerning your order, we may contact you via email, postal address or telephone number. if you change your mind about your choices, you may start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging on to your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our website or stores, when you enter a contest, sweepstakes or survey, or by contacting customer service.
accessing and changing your information
to review or change the information previously provided, sign on to www.billythebee.com and click “account maintenance”. be sure to click “save” when you complete your changes.
our website uses “cookies” which are small data files stored on your computer when you visit a website. cookies may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. for instance, cookies allow us to remember what’s in your shopping cart, recognize you when you return to our site, track your orders, and monitor and maintain information about your visits to our website. you may set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you receive cookies, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept cookies. if you do not accept cookies however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our website.
we may use a third-party service provider to service internet ads on our behalf. this provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. information about your visits to this and other websites may be used for targeted advertising purposes. this anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. no personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process, meaning that your name, address, email address or telephone number is not collected
links to other websites
our website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. the child’s parent or guardian should contact us if we have collect inadvertently information about that child so that we may delete such information from our files (please follow the contact details)