ingredients 1 can of chickpeas-drained and rinsed 1 bunch of spinach 1 knob of feta 1 grated carrot 1 grated [...]
- 4 medium sizes bell peppers (green, red, yellow). make sure they are flat at the bottom and can stand on their own without rolling over.
- 3 medium sized potatoes-boiled and mashed
- 1 cup paneer or cottage cheese finely crumbled
- 1 red o nion finely chopped
- garlic – 3-4 cloves (minced)
- 1 green chilli finely sliced
- fresh corainader a handful
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Half a cup of oil for shallow frying
- salt – as per taste
easy peasey method
- take 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic and chilli. when they start to sweat, add all spices, mashed potatoes and paneer.
- cook for 5 minutes until all ingredients have mixed well
for stuffed bell peppers
- cut the head off the bell peppers and wash inside out
- remove the seeds and flesh on the inside and create a hollow
- stuff these peppers with the stuffing prepared above.
- take a wide pan that can take all 4 peppers upright and on their sides
- shallow fry the peppers and keep turning them on their sides until all sides are brown in color and skin is just about peeling.
- cover the pan as the oil will start to spit outside as peppers release water while cooking
- peppers are ready when they are no longer raw and neither too soft.
tip: if time is not an issue, you can even roast them in the oven instead of deep frying which will take slightly longer.
eat as it is or with a naan/roti